Thursday 26 April 2007

The NEC election..

I am doing a comment on the NEC elections as some of you have contacted me wanting to know what my views are on this?

Well my view is a simple one. We need to ask why we have representatives on the NEC and what we want them to do for us when they are there. I don't, to be honest know much about all the candidtaes but here's my take on their performance at regional Council meetings

Louise Cooling. Smart enough to be successful on the NEC so not a waste of a vote if you decide to put your 'x' next to her name

Jon Rogers. An irritating 40 something year old who thinks he is 24 but means well and has given the establishement a lot to think about. So vote for him if you have to

Marsha Janet Thompson. New but fresh and if we believe in having young members elevated then might be worth it.

Glen Kelly. He has taken the establishment on but needs to calm down with his call for revolution every Thursday morning. Otherwise he has done well on the NEC so keep him on!

I don't know much about the others so I won't comment. But if an ordinary member like myself doesn't know much about the others doesn't that mean they haven't done much?

Food for thought!

No comments: